Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 118 lovin it!

I have so much to go over, but I want to start with the hammered lady running the dressing room at Marshells. She was WASTED! Before she would let me go in and try on some work clothes, she had to know my opinion on the outfit she picked out (I guess she put it together from the clothes people didn't want) I gave her my opinion and I then finally had to ask her again if I could go into the dressing room, she said yes. I was trying things on and listening to her ask every single person about this outfit. I ended going in and out of the dressing room 3 times and she asked me the same question 3 times, "Do you think these pants go with these pants?" Um yes I said...again. She was a nicely put together older lady, except she had a few buttons not buttoned on her shirt, she had no clue where she was...just staggering and stumbling around...its was sad and funny at the same time.

Anyway, I am now chillin on my COUCH!!! Not an air mattress!! What what! My lovely parents drove up all of my stuff yesterday, Kelly was here and 2 dudes from work stopped by to help with the heavy lifting. So I am all moved in and couldn't be happier! My parents drove 4 hours, dropped off my stuff and turned around and went home(thanks guys). WHAM BAM, I have stuff y'all!

Friday was a trip! We had our Christmas party at work, lots of food  and lots of laughs, its was nice to see the funny side of people. We sat around the table and ate honey baked ham, for some reason I felt the need to tell everyone that I used to work at Honey Baked Ham every Christmas during college and I was so good at slingin hams they named me the Hambassador (everyone was very impressed). Oh here is the best part, we had the Ugly Christmas sweater contest and they asked everyone to come on up to the front to get judged, they were like, come on up Stephanie! What?? I wasn't entering the contest! I just wore this sweater to work! Everyone was rolling laughing, haha hoho. We all went out after the party, this is the part where the fun people I was with earlier turned into a bunch of disgruntled employees. Everyone was mad and spent the next hour bitching about their Christmas bonuses being cut by 90%. I on the other hand was lovin life, I was in a great mood, I have been there for like 5 minutes and got a bonus. I also got a George Foreman grill and quesadilla maker out of the dirty Santa game. I was a happy girl. I did managed to get up on stage with Ben, the production manager and sing a duet (I was Allison Krauss and he was Kid Rock) we sang "Pictures" I was told I did great belting out the high notes, so I took that as a hint that the audience wanted more. For my encore performance I rapped Will Smith's Wild Wild West with another dude I work with. That went down in flames, its was terrible, I keep forgetting that I'm white.

I gotta go, me and D.Mac are hanging out tonight. He is picking me up and we are gonna go out for a bit. I told him I typically don't let strangers into my apartment, so I politely asked him to not cut me up into 1000 pieces and stash me in the closet. He said that wouldn't be a problem, he hasn't killed anyone in years, and he asked the same out of me, ok deal. I now have to go figure out what I am wearing, I have to look try and look cute, but not look like I am trying to look cute, just effortlessly striking.

I have to start now because I will have to take a few showers, my hot water runs out in about 4 minutes, so I guess I will have to take as many showers I need to get the job done. Wash my face and hair in one shower, let the water heat up again and in about an hour I can shave my legs...very efficient.

1 comment: