Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 126 Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!


The Baswell Christmas is predictably unpredictable, every year it’s different but the same. For example, my dad always cuts down our Christmas tree from the yard (same) and this year we passing out presents and playing  “Guess who it’s for and guess who it’s from!” since none of them are marked. (Different) Another example, my mom makes the most amazing chocolate pie ever and I look forward to it every year, but over the past 5-7 years, she has altered the recipe just a little and it’s now the most unpredictable chocolate pie ever. As we speak, she is in the kitchen making it with molasses and honey instead of sugar, cocoa instead of chocolate and the crust is whole wheat, probably made out of wheat germ and saw dust.

I love that my Christmas’s are never boring, always interesting, and honestly, most people come from their families a few pounds heavier, I leave mine and feel like I have had a full body detox cleanse. And most people also come from their families with a lot less in the bank account, I on the other hand, get to take my mom to the Dollar Store on Christmas Eve and tell her she can have anything she wants (up to 5 items) and you woulda thought I gave her a brand new bicycle! She was so excited, especially since she had never been to the Dollar Store before and couldn't believe that everything was truly one dollar. Well I need to go see if my mom needs any help cleaning up the kitchen, AKA collecting compost materials.

Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment