Friday, December 30, 2011

day 130 still the day before the day before the first day of a new year

Friday night...I have been on the phone since I got home four and a half hours ago ( I love nights like this). I turned on the TV and Sugarland is on, its one of her concerts from when she was in Atlanta. This gets me all nostalgic. I immediately think of my very good friend Marybeth. She knows that I have been following Jennifer Nettles since I was 18 years old. My friend Rita turned me on to her in college, and then one day she came to play at my college as a local artist, just trying to make it. I went to a small private college, Reinhardt, and not many people came to visit, much less to play music. She showed up with her singing partner, Corey, and I was hooked! She was so talented, I made it a regular thing to follow her all over the state of Georgia. To see her progress from Soul Minors Daughter to The Jennifer Nettles Band to Sugarland over the last 16 years has made me a proud mama! I do miss seeing her as a raw artist at the 40 Watt in Athens, Georgia before she was famous. She used to belt out some acapella rawness that made me tear up and the local people standing behind her playing the bongos, steel guitar and drums were just mind blowing. I still own all of her music except for her first CD, I lost it and I am pissed because it was the BEST. Marybeth knew my love of her music from the beginning and bought me tickets a few years ago for my birthday. We went to one of her very first venues and for that, I will always be thankful. Thank you Marybeth, you are such a good friend, and one of these years I am gonna get you a birthday present :)
So I am sitting here on New Years Eve Eve and loving life, watching Jen Nettles, and talking to my friends.

Tomorrow night...New Years Eve in the country! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment