Saturday, January 14, 2012

day 142 me day

What a great day! I am having a much needed Stephanie day. I am now chillin on my new/old recliner that I got from Aimee this morning, with an added bonus of a place to store my unmentionables, that’s right a chest of drawers, yee haw! I am actually looking at my living room right now and every single piece: recliner, shelves, more shelves, entertainment center, TV, rug, coffee table, end table was all donated ... love it! It’s so funny, I have been on my own since I was 18 years old and I have nothing (furniture wise) to show for it, where did it all go??  My couch, I am very proud of, it was my first purchase when I became single again, I paid cash money and I love it.

Today has been great, a big ol me day. Cleaned, cooked, shopped, moved furniture, worked out, cussed out Comcast and just enjoyed a movie from the Red Box “Bad Teacher.” I am now about to watch “Friends with Benefits” for the 2nd time, I am excited. This weekend is shaping to be exactly what I needed. I went grocery shopping earlier while my mom was on the phone directing me to all of the ingredients I am going to need to make her bomb-ass bean soup. It’s a 2 day process and I will be also be cooking a cabbage. I probably shouldn’t have any visitors anytime soon.

A few blogs back I mentioned that I needed a CD and a few days later it appeared in the mail. I am testing the waters when I say I need a slapper chopper thingy (as seen on TV) to cut up my onions....just throwing it out there! Do it do it!

Ok well I must get to the 2nd movie of the night. I fell asleep in my recliner earlier, I haven’t taken a nap since 1982 and I found myself sleeping today on my new favorite piece of furniture. Me likey

No comments:

Post a Comment