Sunday, January 29, 2012

dAY 153 surprise! birthday bonus round!

What a great weekend!! Kelly talked me into going out to dinner Friday; she said it was still my birthday week, so I should go out. I told her I was so sick of my birthday I cold spit. BUT somehow she twisted my arm and if people want to extend the celebration, who am I to stop them. I met her at her house and she said we had to wait on her friend Henry to come by, that he had to drop something off and then we could go. Finally, there is a knock at the door, Kelly asked me to get it, and I open the door and its Henry AKA Marybeth Thompson!!!! She drove all the way up here from Atlanta to surprise me for my birthday! I was so surprised; I promptly slammed the door in her face (knee jerk reaction). I honestly can't remember the last time I was surprised, it’s hard to pull the wool over my eyes ya know, but they pulled it off, thanks ladies!

We went out in Midtown and got some pizza at a place called Winners. We had every intention on showing her the town (at least to Losers next door), but never left the first place cause we were having such a good time. Karaoke was involved of course, shocking I know. Kelly signed us up to sing Shoop, cause that was one of the two songs that MB knows by heart, the other one was Whatta Man. MB did not go on stage willingly; actually a big bald guy had to carry her up there. After kicking and screaming, we ended up rockin some Salt n Pepa like pros. The Fratastic guys after us were hilarious!!

 MB and I came back to my place while Kelly went on home. Woke up the next day and off to lunch we went. MB's Aunt lives here, so we met up with her near the mall. MB warned me her aunt is a little coo coo, but I thought she was perfectly delightful and funny.  

Next stop Broadway to listen to some music. We posted up at the Stage and listened to this very talented band play while we did some awesome people watching. People are not scared to do some day drinking in Nashville, resulting in people falling all over the dance floor and spilling drinks before the sun goes down.  We watched this 70-year-old lady boot scoot all over the floor with whoever would take her. It was hilarious. Kelly joined us a little later as we enjoyed an afternoon of jammin, watchin and laughin. Next stop Tootsies. We met some dudes from South America and who quickly became our chums who we palled around with during our visit to Tootsies. They were nuts! One of the guys complimented MB's white, perfect teeth, asked if they were real and then asked if they could feel them, NO Grant, I mean, No Graunt, you cannot feel her teeth. lol. We ended up clogging on the speakers in front of the band like it was a ho-down. People come from all over to see us perform, we are extremely talented.

Now its dinner time and we are Chewy’s bound (the latest Mexican restaurant that the whole town is talking about) It was awesome food and exactly what we needed to keep the night going, because there are board games in our future. Back at Kelly’s we recruit her new temporary roomie to play a board game with us. Yes, she has taken in another poor soul who moved from Atlanta, without a home, her home is now a hub for people seeking a new life in Nashville.

Well that about wraps up the fun we had, I love the no plan plan weekend, we had nothing planned and had the best time ever. Love my friends, thank you for everything girls!! (including the millions of dollars you spent on tabs and cabs) Oh speaking of cabs! MB and Kelly knew the Ethiopian cab driver; he used to live in Atlanta! It’s a small world after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment