Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 18

Today was a good day. I started off getting ready for an interview that I was not excited about because I have been through these types of cattle call entry level marketing deelios and mostly its just a waste of time. Maybe if I were just out of college and I needed something to put on my beginner resume, but not now. So I get in the car and bam! first sign I shouldn't go...my car won't start. What??? That's a new problem I haven't encountered yet, I guess it was bound to happen. My 08 Camry started acting up on me. The lights come on, the radio comes on and the engine makes a clicking noise. So I try it again and again and again. I am all dressed up and I am not about to have no where to go AGAIN. So it finally starts, not sure what the problem is a this point. Most people might not take an hour long drive to Nashville 5 seconds after there car won't start and have no idea whats going to happen if I turn it off, but perhaps, I am not like most people so I go. What the hay. I get there like 5 minutes before I am supposed to be there and this large group of teenagers and twenty somethings are marching out to the parking lot and are splitting off into groups like they are about to go on a field trip. Oh did I mention that this interview was supposed to me shadowing another manager all day, not going off to camp. So I make the decision to not leave my car in the parking lot until 5pm with the 90 % chance its not going to start back up. I leave the parking lot and go to Midas instead.

The guy at Midas says its my battery and I would need to pay all kinds of money, so I tell him to point me to the nearest  Autozone so they can install my battery for free. Sorry don't need the Midas Touch leaving my back account empty. So this nice young lady changes my battery while I watch and I am feeling like I should be helping or something. Ok good problem solved, $100 and ten minutes later I am free and clear to turn off my car as needed.

Since I am looking all presentable and stuff and have a stack of resumes, I feel like this is a good time to pound the pavement. I park the car and walk down the street in the West End. I go into two hot spots on the way (Ted Montana Grille and TGI Friday) haha. The super flaboyant host at TGI Friday was sporting a lot of Flare and loved my outfit and said he would hire me, but he doesn't make those kind of decisions. "Ok so great can I have an application?" Oh well we don't have any at the moment but you can try back tomorrow. Ok thanks.

THEN the stars aligned as I went into Blackstone Brewery and Restaurant. They happened to be hiring and happen to be interviewing at that very moment, so I went back to the back room where the manager was and sat down like I  had an appointment and he interviewed me and hired me right on the spot!

YAY! I have a job!!! In Nashville! Like I wanted!! I am gonna start off serving and there is one bartending spot open and he is gonna wait to see who he hires, but he knows I am very interested and he said I have a pretty good chance of grabbing it! YAY ME!

I am on my way people! Look out moon, I am about to jump over ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment