Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 40

40 days and 40 nights.

First of all let me say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!
I promise that I won't mention that you are 67 because you only look 47 :)

Actually let me contribute this blog to my mom.

I was going to tell you about how I was a complete SpaZ at work today, as I made coffee with out the coffee or filter, just hot water and how I was pouring tea into a pitcher, not paying attention, just pouring it onto the floor instead and how Brandy came up to get some lunch and I gave her the worst service ever and she tipped me 100%. Nope not gonna do it, I will only focus on my beautiful Mommy instead.

Karen Lou AKA the bravest woman I have ever met. To know her is to love her, bottom line, end of story.

She has been fighting cancer for the past 2 years and I cannot even begin to tell you all the crap that she has endured . I don't want to define her as a cancer patient, because she is much much more than that. But I do wanna tell a little bit of her story, just to give some insite on how amazing she is and she doesn't even know it.

She has had a complete bone marrow transplant and blood transplant and has come out of it like a champ, throwing up her middle finger at that damn cancer. She has been unable to drive and has literally been making her life as good as it can possibly be in the comfort of her own home. My dad and brother have done an outstanding job of taking care of her and I know she is eternally greaful. The Lord has been with her every step of the way and for that, I am eternally grateful. She is the most positive person I know, she is strong, etremely generous and kind. She has her dingy ways, her silly ways, she loses her glasses about 4-5 a day, and has no sense of direction. But that is the charm in her, I can sorta relate, seeing as the apple stopped right at the trunk of the tree and didn't move an inch further. Her laugh and smile light up any room and I honestly don't know what I would do without her. She goes with any flow, she creates her own holiday traditions (we usually celebrate Christmas on the 17th because other families/plans are involved, sometimes we have sauteed oysters,  scrambled eggs and stew for Easter dinner) She loves making crazy arts and crafts (one day she may even finish the pillow cases that she keeps making and unmaking and remaking out of a string, tree bark and sequence from an old prom dress) She has taught me how to see the good in everything. Today, she got pots and pans, new free cell phone and lunch at Wendys for her birthday and she couldn't be happier. She lives as simply as possible, she enjoys the little things in life, and she is pretty freaking funny if you ask me. I can go on and on with the quirky and hilarious things that can come out of her mouth. She asks for nothing and expects nothing. What else can I say, I love you Mommy, I believe in you Mommy and please please keep inspiring the good in people.

**Oh and your glasses are on your head, in case you are wondering :)

XOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment