Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 22

Today I woke up thinking about the time when me and my friend Megan, decided to "borrow" my dads old beat up green clunker of a truck (loud as all get-out) Neither one of us was old enough to drive, but that didn't seem to be a factor in our decision making process. So we start up the truck and head down an extremely long and steep driveway. We got all the way to the bottom of the driveway and it runs out of gas. hhhhhhhmmm. This is quite a pickle, not only have we broken a huge household rule, but we are about to be cold busted if we don't act quickly. So we gather up all the neighborhood kids on Tommy Dr. in Powder Springs, GA to try and come up with a plan to get that 2 ton piece of crap back up the driveway. So we decided to siphon gas out of the neighbors riding lawn mower. Yep, my neighbor Miranda, one house down, actually sucked gas out of the lawn mower with a tube and spits it into the gas tank. Thanks girl, for putting your life on the line for my cause but it didn't work (weird). We try pushing it, but the driveway is too steep so we are forced to sit and wait until my parents get home to be caught red-handed for wanting to take an innocent joy-ride. MAN oh MAN I can honestly say, I have never been in that much trouble in my life. Besides all the other times I hung out with Megan. (sorry girl I blamed everything on you and you were deemed the trouble maker for awhile)

1 comment:

  1. Something told me I already knew what this story was going to be about! I remember that moment as clear as day....here come your parents in the yellow station wagon with a look on their face like, "Oh hell naw...." What could we do? Flat busted. I remember trying to siphon gas out of the mower too, I still get that taste in my mouth! And its cool, I've been deemed a lot worse in my lifetime then the "trouble maker." It all makes for an interesting childhood and some great stories though....miss you girl

    ReplyDelete