Tuesday, August 9, 2011

day 25

So my last day of training went something like this:

Trained with this guy Zack, and worked with a manager for the first time named Mark.

Well I am going at top speed trying to get things done so I can get outta there, I turn the corner at the same time Mark is turning the corner and neither of us are looking at where we are going and BAM we run straight into each other. Our forehead heads collide, I literally was knocked back at least 3 feet into the air and land hard on my bum and I am now lying flat on my back in the middle of the dining room. I sit up, shake my head (its like a cartoon and the stars are circling my head) I look up and Mark the manager is standing there in a daze looking for his glasses on the floor. I get up all embarrassed and thank goodness my training partner, Rob, was the only one in the room, he is sitting there and says in a monotone voice, "that was awesome" I start nervously laughing uncontrollably. Yep that's gonna leave a mark, my forward head already has a bump and my bum is so soar.

I am still laughing in the car on the way home and it reminds me of the time when I was playing softball and during  practice (my dad was the coach and the assistant coach was this guy named Mitch) I was running at top speed through the outfield going after a fly ball and BAM run straight into Mitch and send us both flying 3 feet into the air and onto the ground. Mitch was limping for like a week after that.

yep, never a dull moment on Planet Spaswell

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stepho.....I really do enjoy your postings about the life of "The adventures of Stepho the WonderWoman". You just be careful there sweetpea in your ramblin's....always think ahead the best you can in dealing with these menfolks. If you come to Louisiana I'll make you a present of a cute little .380 Ruger 7-shot semi-automatic handy dandy shootin' iron. It's a little bitty thang with smooth edges that won't snag on britches, pantyhose or jacket pockets. Not only that, I'd teach you to use the "convincer" so we'd call you Stepho Oakley. A gal has to have a "little friend".

    I'm sorry things didn't work out when your dad and I were boppin' back from Michigan in seperate cars that we both would be in Nashville area to see you. I thot at the time it would not fit with your new job schedule. I'm glad things worked out that Jerry was able to stop and visit. You call me ANYTIME at (318) 564-9686 or email at jim-49er@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete