Friday, February 3, 2012

day 158...um rocky top? no no no

Big day...its official...got my Tennessee plates!! I love it here and still adjusting..a couple of differences off the top of my head between here and my old stompin ground....

No one pronounces their L's... it’s not cold its code, you’re not old you're ode, she doesn't have mold, she has mode AND it’s a $90 flat rate for your tag registration! No matter what car you drive...it’s not $323…its $90 what what!

I found this out after I spent 30 minutes in line at the police precinct getting my tag. I stood in line with a 19-year-old Rain Man with Tourettes. It was WILD! He was with is mom, he was autistic, he talked non-stop, like he had a word limit that he had to hit and he wanted beat his record from yesterday. The mom was so sweet and clearly had blocked her son out years ago, cause she was telling me her life story while he was talking about the fact that he was mad at the cops that peppered sprayed him 3 years ago. He was still mad about it, talked about that and the fact that he hated CNN and Obama and the world in general, all while his mom talked over him. I literally did not say one word, but was involved in a conversation with two people at the same time... it was pure insanity. I laughed a few times cause this guy was spitting out F bombs every other word while keeping a serious face, just kept talking and talking without taking a break or to let us know that he was changing subjects. Bless him and his mom’s heart, she was so proud of her son, it was an interesting time at the tag office.


No comments:

Post a Comment