Sunday, February 26, 2012

day 178 never gets old!

Ok I am a zombie once again, my stupid neighbors were partying from 330am until almost 7am this morning! Loud death metal music and slamming doors, I had the phone in my hand at 530am to call the cops, but I was trying not to be over dramatic and thought it would stop soon. I found myself looking out the peep hole at 6am watching people come out of the apartment all hammered. The birds are chirping people! What in the hell are you doing, besides ruining my Sunday?? I couldn't even get up for church I was so tired. I am still tired; it was all I could do to open my laptop. But I had to write about my Friday night with Anna!

We had a blast, I love it when I have visitors, I get to do the exact same thing with everyone who visits. It’s like Ground Hog day for me, but for them, its brand new fun. Start off a MargaritaVille for eats and then hit Broadway for some honky tonkin. It never gets old, I love it! Anna’s birthday was last week, so I told the band it was her birthday. They brought her up on stage, it was early in the night (dinner time) and I quickly realized that there is a time and a place for people to sing happy birthday to you. The time is not during dinner, no one was paying attention, no one was singing, except for me and the lady sitting next to me that I elbowed for her to join in. It was awkward, Anna gets off the stage and asks me "Have I ever told you about my fear of standing on stage and everyone staring at me?" Ha! No, and clearly we are not related.

After dinner, we decided to buy a disposable camera, we wanted to document the evening (actually she really wanted a picture of Elvis)  but neither one of our phones had a flash. The camera was the biggest conversation piece! People were in awe, the fact that you had to rewind it, hold down a flash button and you couldn't look at the pic after you took it, it was a running joke all night.  I can't wait until she gets those developed; hopefully they still do that somewhere.

We went to a few different places, Legends, The Second Fiddle, The Stage, and another place that just opened that night, the lead singer was standing on a piece of plywood above the bar twirling his microphone stand like he was Bon Jovi, so funny! We met some fun Canadian boys who we kept running into all evening; we ended up tearing up the dance floor with them at Cadillac Ranch. Anna and I went to the bathroom and decided it was time to go, so we snuck out the back door and made a bee line for the hot dog stand. Anna ate her hot dog and mine and we went home.

Woke up the next morning, got ready, went back out, had lunch at Noshville Delicatessen in Midtown. After lunch we walk around town and took some more picture with our fancy camera. Besides seeing me, she had her cousin’s bachelorette party that night, so we had to run some errands and get some fun stuff for all the girls to wear. We laughed all day long; my stomach was hurting from laughing about the events from night before and just being silly in general. She was trying to get me to come out that night, hell no, I have a DVR full of a weeks’ worth of my shows waiting on me, I was not going anywhere.

So here I am still on the couch, going to bed in a few minutes. Next time, I am calling the cops, no one interrupts my sleep and gets away with it.  Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment