Thursday, February 16, 2012

day 170 bringing down the noise, bringin down the funk

Ok I am in much better spirits and! I started off the day by disregarding my alarm and sleeping until 730 and I have to leave the house at 740! I jumped up (thank goodness I took a shower the night before) threw my clothes on, made a cup of cereal, jumped in the car, and zoomed out. Driving with my knee is a handy skill I picked up that allows me to eat Rice Chex and put on my make-up while negotiating traffic at top speed; I made it with one minute to spare!
 My mom called to check on me and my funk, she knows I don't like to get into trouble with my authoritative figures.  I mean I got caught chewing gum in the 5th grade and started crying (I still get a little choked up) so she had one encouraging sentence that really made me dig deep and move past it, "You made a mountain out of a mole hill cause it was the straw that broke the camel’s back, but you didn't slip on a banana peel so everything is ok."

 ….. Thanks mom...

I spent the entire time that I was on the exercise bike cleaning out my contacts on my phone. The AT&T people told me I have to wipe my phone clean(long story) so in order to transfer my contacts and pics onto my sim card, I have to delete some. That was a trippy trip down memory lane. I held onto quite a few people from way back in the day. I deleted "douchebag" and "don't answer" and "psycho" who knows what time in my life those lovely people entered my phone, it was hard to let them go. I deleted Aunt Ruby and Aunt Myrtle, well cause they died a couple years ago and many other people I no longer talk to. They told me to reduce the amount of pictures that I have as well. The pictures are going to take some time, I managed to delete the pic of the 2 eggs sunny side up and a few pictures I have of goats, cows, .a lama, a batch of cabbage soup and a glass of carrot juice. But I don't know what to do with the 49 pics of camp fires or the 10 I have of my dog, Jake, stitches from when he had surgery. I think I will keeps the pics of my trunk of my car when it doubled as my closet, it will remind me of a simpler time. Project for this weekend I guess.

 Ok I have to go sew a rip in my favorite black turtle neck with a sewing kit that I bought from the dollar store......for a dollar.


No comments:

Post a Comment