Sunday, February 5, 2012

day 159 Superbowl!

Productive weekend thus far! Yesterday I stocked the fridge with wholesome goodness, did all of my laundry (7 loads to be exact) I love that I can do 7 loads in 2 hours...it’s awesome. I did however pull a Spaswell at the laundry facility. I was trying to get into the door with my basket of clothes and laundry soap on top.  I lost my balance; the laundry soap went flying into the air, and landed upside-down just as the big heavy metal door shut. So now my brand new bottle of soap is upside down and being squeezed by the door forcing the liquid soap to gush out. I managed to rescue the soap, but not before half of it puddled up in front of the door. Oops. So people are now stepping in it, walking in, slipping and sliding on my soap, just tracking it everywhere. I just kept to myself and prayed no one would fall in front of me; hopefully no one broke their leg after I left...

Went to church for the first time at Cross Point, it’s just like Buckhead church (not as grandiose) but same concept (Non-denominational and casual). The second I walk in I run right into my boss, now I am all about building a relationship with my boss outside of work, but I like to separate church and state. I go to church to sing my little heart out and if I cry, so be it, but now I was sitting next to my 7 ft. tall boss and trying to remain not uncomfortable. I sang, I didn't throw my hand up or anything but sang loud enough to let him know I meant business. It was good, lot less awkward than I thought. Excited to start going and meeting some folks.

Now I am cooking from butternut squash soup from scratch….. who am I? I don’t even recognize myself sometimes. It’s got every vegetable you can think of in it, I purchased a food chopper, this little Ninja does the job, I love it! So I am all set, I am going on a hiatus from the world for the next 2 weeks. I bought 2 weeks’ worth of healthy food, bought me a book and I am going to do nothing but workout, read, cook and center myself. I have been going out a lot lately, I need to reel it in and lose some weight. So that is the plan, I bought The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, I plan on working out my brain muscle as well as my legs. Its 600 pages and my goal is to finish it before the movie comes out on DVD, I am banking it takes 3-4 months.

BUT before I hunker down, I must have one last hoorah, and what better way than a Super Bowl Party! We did the Squares at work, everyone pitched in a dollar for each square they wanted, I am in charge of this, we didn't sell all of the squares, so I have to go this party of Kelly's friend’s and sell the rest of them, it’s kind of stressful.

Ok, well I must get back to my soup, there is a massive amount so maybe that should be my dish I bring to the party, some people bring dip and I bring soup. This is my first time not going to Jim and Elisabeth's Party (9th annual) I have been to all of them except for 2( the 2 years the Stees were in the Superbowl) I am gonna really miss seeing everyone and driving the go-cart! If  it was Superbowl Saturday, I would be there, but can't be missing work on Monday. Ok, go um Giants I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment