Saturday, February 18, 2012

day 171 I'm Your Baby Tonight

I just got home from a day of errands, I recorded Whitney's memorial services cause I thought it would be like Michael Jackson's with performances and such. So far no performances, just a normal run of the mill funeral, oh wait Kevin Costner is up, maybe we will see some performances. Michael Jackson gets the award for best funeral hands down.

I got my taxes done at H&R Block today, I usually do them myself, but with the amount of W-2's I have collected this past year and the transfer from GA to TN, I figured I would let the experts do it. She showed me the amount that I was getting back and I didn't a little jig, but she forgot to add in my unemployment. Well that cut it in half and the wind was knocked out of my sails, then she showed me the amount after the fees for doing my taxes, $274!!! What?? She said it was $34.99! What a sham! She said the cost goes up for having to process so many pieces of paper, whatever, now my sails were flattened.  I am not mad atchya Pearl, the lady who did my taxes, she was about 108-years-old, sweet as pie and a total crack up. She was telling me about this guy she picked up at the bar down the street, that he was calling her all the time and annoying the crap out her. I told her that I felt her pain. So long story short, I am getting a tiny bit back.

Next stop, ALDI'S!!! HOORAY for the cheapest grocery on earth!!! Brandy told me to go there a while ago, so I gave it a whirl and holy crap the prices were so low. I was skipping around the store cheering when I saw the price of everything. My grocery bill was literally cut in half, the people in the store were wondering why I was clapping at the price of chicken, I love saving money, woohoo!

 After Wal-Mart, last stop, GNC, I needed some more knee medicine. I tell the guy that I need some glucosamine and he tells me that I should also get Shark Cartridge to build the cartilage in my knees back up. Ok so I am already taking fish oil, cod liver oil and now shark cartridge? After all of that, I should be able to swim better at the very least. I decided to hold off and do some research on the Shark Cartridge. And who in the world had the bright idea to see if the oil from a cod's liver could be beneficial for us? Sarah told me to get that for my knees as well, but the guy at the GNC said it is actually used to prevent heart disease and it helps burn calories. Well alrighty then, real good Sarah, you have may have accidentally prevented me from having a heart attack and possibly responsible for helping me burn the calories from eating that bag of M&M's last week.

Ok, its movie time, I am gonna go wash off my mascara, grab a box of Kleenex and watch The Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment